Wai Lana

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Oldieslover 5 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Avatar of OldiesloverOldieslover
    Participant
    • 15 topics
    • 1648 replies

Let me start this thread with a little confession. I have been in love with this woman for 40 years. Although I’ve only met her a couple times during this period, she has as I look back, had a sizable influence on my life. She has been my source for calm, cool and collected for literally decades. She has hosted a PBS series, Wai Lana Yoga, which has influenced countless lives, just like me.

Attachments:
    1. wai1

wai1.jpg

2. wai2

wai2.jpg

3. wai3

wai3.jpg

4. wai4

wai4.jpg

Participant
    • 15 topics
    • 1648 replies

Wai’s real Chinese name is, Hui Lan Zhang. She is based out of Sacramento, CA. Not only has she hosted her yoga series, she has a thriving business promoting a healthy lifestyle. Videos, books, CD’s, yoga accessories, clothing, heath foods, along with an assorted other businesses and ventures. She is known as the #1 yoga teacher in the World.

Attachments:
    1. wai5

wai5.jpg

2. wai6

wai6.jpg

3. wai7

wai7.jpg

4. wai8

wai8.jpg

Participant
    • 15 topics
    • 1648 replies

Wai Lana was born 1955 in Hong Kong and grew up during Vietnam War. As a teenager she discovered yoga and later moved to India to gain insights and determine her mission to bring yoga to the World.

Attachments:
    1. wai9

wai9.jpg

2. wai10

wai10.jpg

3. wai11

wai11.jpg

4. wai12

wai12.jpg

Participant
    • 15 topics
    • 1648 replies

As for me, I bumped into her PBS Series when it was brand new. (Wasn’t hard since there was only 4 channels on TV in those days. One calm day I turned on her show and decided to try her instructions. Her voice was so soothing and easy to listen to, I followed her instructions and felt not only relaxed, but rejuvenated. I felt so good, I turned on her show the next day and day after that. Within a month I found that days I didn’t tune into her show, I was irritable. Even my wife (Now ex-wife. lol) noticed a change in me, although she never tried it. As my 2 kids were growing up, I talked them into trying yoga, but neither of them got into it much. So my time with Wai Lana was just for me. For 15 years we didn’t have a device called, VCR’s, so I had to adjust my schedule as much as possible to get her show. Once VCR’s arrived, it was much easier since I could record and play whenever I wished.

Attachments:
    1. wai111

wai111.jpg

2. wai14

wai14.jpg

3. wai15

wai15.jpg

4. wai16

wai16.jpg

Participant
    • 15 topics
    • 1648 replies

Wai Lana has not only influenced me with yoga, she has also influenced me with nutrition and sleeping. Her sleeping videos has literally been life savers when I have trouble sleeping, something I’ve had to confront at times.

Attachments:
    1. wai17

wai17.jpg

2. wai18

wai18.jpg

3. wai19

wai19.jpg

4. wai20

wai20.jpg

Participant
    • 15 topics
    • 1648 replies

She is a mother of three, grandmother of six

Attachments:
    1. wai21

wai21.jpg

2. wai22

wai22.jpg

3. wai23

wai23.jpg

4. wai24

wai24.jpg

Participant
    • 15 topics
    • 1648 replies

Wai’s TV show is the longest-running fitness series ever on public television. The show has also aired internationally on five continents including North and South America, Asia, Europe, Australia and the Middle East.

Attachments:
    1. wai25

wai25.jpg

2. wai26

wai26.jpg

3. wai27

wai27.jpg

4. wai28

wai28.jpg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.