Trump Election Win

Latest Topics Forum Index General Discussion Off-Topic Trump Election Win

This topic contains 158 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Lee 6 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 159 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 17 topics
    • 277 replies

wingsfan19,

I think it depends on the type of work. I am biased but I think Melbourne is a nicer city than Sydney, of course if you want better weather look North, towards Doc’s end of town.

Participant
    • 6 topics
    • 222 replies

Dr. Lee,

Well Doc, those were certainly thoughtful articles and perhaps my experiences at seeing “big L” Liberals raked over the coals has clouded my perception. While it’s true that Bernie had much less baggage than Hillary, it’s also true that he hadn’t been attacked as Trump surely would have attacked him.

This was such an unprecedented race — but I truly thought that most independents would recoil from Trump and that the mere specter of his presidency would lead to a large turnout against him. Obviously this was wrong, but considering that Hillary actually won more votes, I defer to the opinion I read that the main mistake made by the Clinton team was playing for the blowout.

So, instead of focusing on Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, they focused on states with a much smaller chance of victory such as Arizona. Hell, there was even talk of Texas being in play last month!

I find the best thing to do for the moment is to drink beer and look at beautiful, naked Asian women. Haven’t made any plans for the next 4 years beyond that.

Keymaster
    • 8 topics
    • 653 replies

wingsfan19,

The thing is, it seems that the key decider of this election was turn out—Trump actually got a lower vote than any recent Republican candidate. A low turn out was always his only path to victory—his strategy was to make people unwilling to get out and vote for Clintion (even if they hated Trump himself), and it worked. Bernie was a far more vote motivating candidate.

Dr. Lee
    Asian Sirens' admin, moderator, editor, tech guy, designer…

Participant
    • 6 topics
    • 222 replies

Dr. Lee,

You’re surely right about the low turnout and Trump’s strategy but I also think that so many people bought into the inevitability of Hillary’s election that this feeling also resulted in a lower turnout. And I understand that demagogues can have immense appeal but Trump’s personality flaws were so evident I am still amazed that more people weren’t repelled by him even if they bought his “message.”

“Make America Great” — he just did the opposite.

Keymaster
    • 8 topics
    • 653 replies

wingsfan19 wrote:
    Dr. Lee,

You’re surely right about the low turnout and Trump’s strategy but I also think that so many people bought into the inevitability of Hillary’s election that this feeling also resulted in a lower turnout. And I understand that demagogues can have immense appeal but Trump’s personality flaws were so evident I am still amazed that more people weren’t repelled by him even if they bought his “message.”

“Make America Great” — he just did the opposite.

Yep, totally agree on all counts—the certainty of polls did Hillary no favours. Make me very glad we have compulsory voting in Australia—I only wish you guys did. :(

Dr. Lee

Keymaster
    • 8 topics
    • 653 replies

wingsfan19,

I thought the title of this topic was too general, so I changed it to “Trump Election Win”.

Dr. Lee

Participant
    • 6 topics
    • 222 replies

Dr. Lee,

Makes sense, although you could have easily gone with “The End of the World as We Know It!”

And I don’t feel fine :cry:

Keymaster
    • 8 topics
    • 653 replies

wingsfan19,

Indeed

Dr. Lee

Avatar of PaperfolderPaperfolder
    Participant
    • 30 topics
    • 1767 replies

I am a libertarian and the prospect of having an authoritarian demagogue as a president doesn’t thrill me. Ironically, despite the obviously sexist and objectifying nature of my hobby, I have sympathies for feminist ideology. Hilary isn’t really a true feminist and my favorite quote from the Sanders campaign was, “Voting for Hilary because she’s a woman is like drinking anti-freeze because it looks like Gatoraid.”

Here’s a photo of the future first lady that warms the cockles of my heart….

Attachments:
    1. Melania-Knauss-Trump

Melania-Knauss-Trump.jpg

Keymaster
    • 8 topics
    • 653 replies

Paperfolder wrote:
    Ironically, despite the obviously sexist and objectifying nature of my hobby, I have sympathies for feminist ideology.

Objectifying, yes, but sexist? I actually think working as a model and/or in the adult industry can be very empowering for a woman, so long as she is the one in control of her career. Whatever the case, I’m very supportive of feminism too, but I guess that’s a topic for another thread. :)

Dr. Lee

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 159 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.