Kelly Marie Tran

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by ChickenEssence 4 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Avatar of Woody-AlienWoody-Alien
    Participant
    • 61 topics
    • 258 replies

I saw the latest Star Wars film a few days ago, so I’ve decided to make a topic about Kelly Marie Tran, the first Asian actress (Vietnamese-American, to be precise) to get an important part in the saga.
    She plays the part of Rose Tico, a maintenance worker in the Resistance.

She might not be a Siren, but she’s a cute and nerdy girl, and I like cute nerdy girls.

Attachments:
    1. Kelly_Marie_Tran

Kelly_Marie_Tran.jpg

2. 25018986

25018986.jpg

3. 23967274

23967274.jpg

4. sub-buzz-11603-1510684076-5

sub-buzz-11603-1510684076-5.jpg

Participant
    • 61 topics
    • 258 replies

She started working in 2011, but always in small projects. Let’s hope that star Wars can give her a bigger push. Also I hope her sudden fame doesn’t make her crazy, but by al accounts she seems a down-to-earth person.

Date of birth: 01/17/1989
    Height: 1m 57
    IMDB profile
    Instagram
    Twitter (empty as of now)

Attachments:
    1. 24126726

24126726.jpg

2. 22221111

22221111.jpg

3. kelly-marie-tran-cobalt-squadron

kelly-marie-tran-cobalt-squadron.jpg

4. sub-buzz-4113-1512395467-4

sub-buzz-4113-1512395467-4.jpg

Participant
    • 17 topics
    • 277 replies

I suspect her character won’t get much of a role in the next episode due to negative feedback on that story line. I didn’t mind it personally.

Keymaster
    • 8 topics
    • 653 replies

Luke wrote:
    I suspect her character won’t get much of a role in the next episode due to negative feedback on that story line. I didn’t mind it personally.

I sincerely hope they don’t pay any attention to the negative feedback on The Last Jedi—I thought it was the best Star Wars film since Empire, and like that film really opens the franchise to new possibilities (which some so-called ‘fans’ are uncomfortable with). I really like the implications of the arms dealer sub-plot.

Dr. Lee
    Asian Sirens' admin, moderator, editor, tech guy, designer…

Participant
    • 17 topics
    • 277 replies

It’ll be interesting to see where it goes. My wife and I both liked it. I get some of the criticism but it’s a poisoned chalice trying to write a Star Wars script. Overall I think they did a good job.

Participant
    • 61 topics
    • 258 replies

So Kelly Marie was at the Oscars ceremony alongside her Star Wars co-stars (BB-8 included). She was quite cute (also, nice cleavage) and her captions on Instagram show that she’s still funny and down-to-earth as before.

Also, Japanese ice skater Mirai Nagasu wore a similar blue dress to the ceremony and was mistaken for her in a couple of occasions…

Attachments:
    1. dims

dims.jpg

2. dims2

dims2.jpg

3. SWoscar

SWoscar.jpg

4. MiraiKelly

MiraiKelly.jpeg

Keymaster
    • 8 topics
    • 653 replies

I find it interesting that the Asian actresses in Hollywood tend not to be the prettiest among Asian women in general (although they can be very sexy e.g. Bai Ling or Lucy Liu or Jamie Chung).

Dr. Lee

Participant
    • 61 topics
    • 258 replies

Apparently Kelly deleted all of her Instagram posts because she was being continuously harassed by trolls and haters with racist and offensive comments.
    It’s very sad that gentle and humble people like her have to be subjected to this abuse just because some morons didn’t like a movie.

https://www.nme.com/news/film/star-wars-kelly-marie-tran-deletes-instagram-harassment-2332713

Keymaster
    • 8 topics
    • 653 replies

Woody-Alien,

The misogyny and racism that has been spawned by ‘incels’ and the ‘alt-right’ is simply outrageous: these losers should learn some basic manners and respect. But I guess that’s hard when the President is leading the way.

Dr. Lee

Participant
    • 61 topics
    • 258 replies

Luke wrote:

Still haven’t seen the latest (last?) Star Wars movie but apparently this is exactly what happened. Sadly you were prescient about it. And since now people have to be divided over everything, now there’s people protesting the fact that she had too little screen time and people protesting the fact she was in the film at all.
    But why? I mean, Captain Phasma sucked monkey balls, but I haven’t seen anybody protesting against her or her actress Gwendoline Christie with such fervor.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.