Do the Japanese "hate" Facebook?

Latest Topics Forum Index General Discussion Off-Topic Do the Japanese "hate" Facebook?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Luke 5 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Avatar of Woody-AlienWoody-Alien
    Participant
    • 61 topics
    • 258 replies

I’ve noticed that, most of the time I look for the social network accounts of the girls I post on the forum, the Japanese ones have a Facebook page that is either abandoned since long, or has been opened and then mostly never used. By contrast, girls of other nationalities (Chinese, Thai, Taiwanese etc.) often use theirs with frequent updates, personal messages, some interaction with fans, etc.
    (Luchino is probably the only exception to this rule that I’ve found)

Why is that? I know for a fact that the Japanese are fond of Twitter since their alphabet lets them write a lot more within the 140 characters limit, but why this “hate” for Facebook? Do they feel that it ruins their privacy? Are they afraid of being “doxxed”? Do they secretly hate Zuckerberg?

I may be naive about this, but I really can’t find a solid reason behind this fact.

Participant
    • 17 topics
    • 277 replies

Yes they do!

Haha I’m not sure if they do but all Asian countries seem to have their favourite. For example Chinese -Weibo, Thai-Line. It can be a real bitch to navigate.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.