About the Asian Sirens Forum

Latest Topics Forum Index About / Administration / Announcements About the Asian Sirens Forum

This topic contains 44 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Lee 6 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    • 8 topics
    • 654 replies

Okay, I’ve now added this feature, not only to the forum, but to posts as well! I’ve implemented it as CSS rather than JavaScript, which takes care of my server load concerns.

Dr. Lee
    Asian Sirens' admin, moderator, editor, tech guy, designer…

Participant
    • 269 topics
    • 8473 replies

Thank you Doc for the feature, it certainly make browsing the images so much easier. :D

Also, thanks Luke for your suggestion. :D

Participant
    • 0 topics
    • 2 replies

Hi Doc, I don’t seem to be able to save pics to my iPhone/pad. Some setting I’m missing somewhere? (Always for my own collection, never repost) Bill

Keymaster
    • 8 topics
    • 654 replies

billw1419,

I have to confess that I’m not an expert on mobile browsers (and I still have some mobile optimisation to do), but on a desktop at least, you can still bring up the usual contextual menu and hit save. Another option might be to save the link target when you click on the thumbnail (once again, this works on a desktop browser). I’m intending to fix some bugs with the mobile experience over the coming week, so I’ll look into this.

Dr. Lee

Avatar of RomanticwarriorRomanticwarrior
    • 11 topics
    • 105 replies

Dr. Lee,
    Great feature!

Participant
    • 0 topics
    • 2 replies

Thanks Doc!!

Participant
    • 1 topics
    • 11 replies

thanks button is a great addition

Participant
    • 1967 topics
    • 12686 replies

The Thanks button is good – it lets members show appreciation without having to post a comment. But it would seem as if a member clicks the Thanks button, in doing so he creates an “update” to the thread. A member seeing that the thread has been “updated” and then opening the thread in expectation of finding a posted comment finds nothing. Please advise if my perception is not correct.

Also on the same subject, when I click on “view voters” I don’t see a result. Instead I see a “ghosting” appear which I think I can read the date that the Thanks were given. But I can’t make out anything else about voters.

Keymaster
    • 8 topics
    • 654 replies

rob2322,

I just tested the first issue thoroughly and it doesn’t appear to be the case thankfully—there must have been some other update which led you to believe this.

The second issue you mentioned is real however, and something I’ve been trying to fix. I believe it is a CSS issue—the voters display without any problems on the blog—the problem only occurs in the forum. The users are being recorded correctly, they just aren’t being displayed correctly in the forum.

Dr. Lee

Participant
    • 1967 topics
    • 12686 replies

Does the forum search function look at topic tags? I just did a search on “korean” and it found items in the title and the text only.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.